Please refer to the ACO Building + Landscape brochure for full installation details. General advice is shown below:
1. Depending on the soil conditions and intended use of the area to be stabilised, dig out the existing base. Typically for driveways, 260 - 360mm. Note: Seek independent engineering advice to determine the required sub-base thickness and what drainage may be needed.
2. If using concrete edging install this next.
3. Compact the sub-base using a plate compactor. Fill the excavated area with free draining gravel or curshed stone to 110mm below the finished level. Tamp down with a roller or place compactor.
4. Level the area with a layer of fine sand to 60mm depth. Use a rail or wooden batten and compact.
5. Install the ACO GravelGuard tiles along the length of the area. Install the tiles ensuring that the geo-membrane overlaps each other. For best performance the tiles should be laid in a staggered pattern rather than a grid pattern.
6. Fill in the GravelGuard tiles with 3-16mm gravel and compact. Once compacted add a further 15-20mm layer of gravel, finally rake the gravel to distribute evenly.
Full installation details can be found in the Landscaping Systems Brochure which can be found here.
To view full product details please visit www.aco.co.uk